Are you looking for a probate lawyer? Have you been appointed as an administrator of a deceased person’s will? The probate process involves declaring the will as the final word of the deceased and dividing their assets according to the will amongst the relative and near ones.
An administrator of the will is granted the complete control of the deceased’s assets. It is expected that the executor of the will would distribute the assets in accordance with the will. Though it may not sound like a big deal, but it is a great responsibility. Any error could result in a liability for the executor.
This is exactly why you need to hire a probate lawyer in Sydney. They would help you make right and informed decisions which would prevent you from being slapped with any legal action if things go wrong.
The following are a few reasons why you need to hire a family lawyer.
- Probating a will is a complex and serious issue which requires meticulous attention. It is easy to overlook the intricacies of the will and make a wrong decision. However, when you hire a lawyer things become simplified and you don’t have to worry about making a mistake.
- Hiring a probate lawyer is a sign that everything in the will would go according to the instructions and under the guidance of a legal expert.
- Hiring a probate lawyer would help speed up the distribution of the estate. The shortest probate period could last up to three months and that too when the deceased owns just one or two estates. The more property owned by the decease, the more time consuming is the probate period. A probate lawyer can help speed up the process, the distribution of assets is faster and less complex with help from legal assistance.
- During the probate process the court requires that certain documents should be submitted to make the process legal. The specific information should be submitted in a particular way and failure to present the information correctly could result in the court rejecting the documents. Thus a lawyer would make sure all documents are in order.
- During the probate period the executor of the will is expected to handle the financial aspect of the will. Handling one’s own finances isn’t an easy job, let alone dealing with someone else’s finances. A probate lawyer could make sure all things are handled properly and there are no loop holes.
- A lawyer would help identify any financial issues like debts or unpaid loans and deal with those accordingly. Also the creditors of the deceased need to be notified of their death as well. a probate lawyer could handle the complete process as professionally as possible.
- There is bound to be some tension amongst the family of the deceased the presence of the lawyer could help ease the tension and simplify things.